701 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyssa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For a small retail business I am looking to keep track of orders made by clients in person. It is only meant for me to see what the client has ordered so I can place the order with my supplier later.

We do not use a form or catalogue as we constantly offer many different and new products with changing prices. Ideally I can simply write down multiple items per client with a simple product description, the price, and the quantity, as well as a total. Is this possible without having to create a record to link to for each separate item? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hello and welcome @Alyssa!

Airtable’s power is most obvious when introduced into workflows that have many moving parts that all need to be tracked simultaneously. I could see the workflow you are looking for being created in Airtable with a many-to-many relationship and a joins table.

You could create three tables in one base:

1. The first table would be Products- which would hold a product, price, and it’s description.
  2. The second would hold Clients and their information
  3. The third table would represent Orders - which would link link the product and list the quantity needed, and link the client purchasing the order.

I understand if this isn’t the workflow you are looking for though—and would love to know a little more about what you’d like to final product to look like? Would you like one table with all an order’s information listed? That could definitely be accomplished using multiple fields!

I also recommend checking out the Airtable Universe for examples of workflows created by other users to track any and everything.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .