Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Licensing

Solved
Jump to Solution
828 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Ball
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone

Trying to see if an idea is viable from a cost perspective but can't work out licensing implications

I want to build a FREE, NO COST application for a community scenario where kids are collecting and trading stickers.  The plan is to use Softr and Airtable and the app is basically built but now I'm wondering if it's viable using free licenses.

Not sure of the number of users, don't anticipate it will be that many, maybe 100 even if successful

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mariam_Ispiryan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That's a really fun use case!

And yes, on the free plan, you can have up to 100 users that can make changes in the app with the CRUD functionality. 

Here is more about external and internal users: https://docs.softr.io/user-management/pxnkp9H3qyEVMF6XUceqnj/internal-vs-external-users/kHTk5YN85i3q...

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Hmm, the main limitations for free vs paid to me are:
1. Only 1000 records per base
2. Only 100 Automation runs
3. No scripting
4. 5 max users

With Softr there's no max user problem, and given that it's already built it seems you didn't need scripting to do it, so the question becomes how quickly do you think you'll hit 1000 records / 100 automation runs

The free tier also only has 1000 API calls per month, and Softr's probably using that to grab / edit data?  I don't know of a way to check the number of calls used per month though, hopefully someone else has an idea about that

Thanks (again) Adam.  I suspected as much. That's disappointing. Starting to wonder more and more if Airtable is right for the kind of solutions I'm working on.

If I upgrade, who needs to be upgraded? All users? or just the "core team"

Anyone who needs to edit the data directly within Airtable will need to be upgraded I'm afraid.  Most of your data updates are going to be coming from Softr though right?  If so, you could try to just pay for one account and create specific pages in Softr for your admin users if needed?  (Or just give them forms to update stuff if it's sporadic)

Mariam_Ispiryan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In your use case, I don't think you need to upgrade, you can build a frontend with Softr, give users access to edit the Airtable data, you can also have 5 collaborators in the free plan, meaning people can get access to the studio application and build alongside. 

Thank you Mariam.

To clarify my scenario:

• not for profit, free application where kids can swap soccer stickers
  • they will need a login because they would mark which they have and be able to see who has the stickers they do not
  • I'm the only person who will edit Airtable structure or Softr App
  • Using this as a simple test case to see if this is the platform for my customers

So even with the users having a user account in the app, and editing data you think this can be done with free accounts?

I've actually made good progress with appsmith and MySql but still rather do it here

Mike

Mariam_Ispiryan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That's a really fun use case!

And yes, on the free plan, you can have up to 100 users that can make changes in the app with the CRUD functionality. 

Here is more about external and internal users: https://docs.softr.io/user-management/pxnkp9H3qyEVMF6XUceqnj/internal-vs-external-users/kHTk5YN85i3q...

😊 Yea it is. Fun and useful but also lets me figure out the answer to issues like this

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer and help, thanks Mariam
Mike