544 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee_Adamson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to make it so members filling in a form can select their name or their organization’s name from a list in the database using “+add”. But I only want them to see an alphabetical list of member names and not information in any of the other columns. So I created a “member name only alphabetical” view in the database. Then on the form, I selected ‘limit record selection to a view’ and chose “member name only alphabetical”. But all the hidden fields are still showing up. I only wanted the alphabetical names to show. What am I doing wrong?
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 1.21.05 PM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Lee_Adamson and welcome back!

You always see more info in your form design view then the people who actually have to fill it in do. If you “preview” your form, you should only be able to see the data from your selected view.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Lee_Adamson and welcome back!

You always see more info in your form design view then the people who actually have to fill it in do. If you “preview” your form, you should only be able to see the data from your selected view.

Oh - so that’s the secret! Thanks very much for your help. I remembered that I had made it work before but couldn’t remember how I did it. Spent HOURS today struggling with it. Thanks so much!

Glad I could help! Would yo mind marking my comment as the solution to your question? This helps others who may be searching with a similar question. Thanks!

OK. This is the first time I used the Forum so thanks for the tip.

I ticked the solution box. If I didn’t do it correctly let me know.

Thanks!
Lee