2910 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Callery
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to limit the amount of rows in a table view for use in a chart?
E.g. I want to see my top 20 accounts based on sales value.
However when I create a chart, based on sales value, I cannot limit the results to only the top 20.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm, I don’t have the answer for you on how to quickly or easily get the top 20 records into a chart, but I do know that the Record List Block will let you display a list of the first X number of records based on however you sort your data.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm, I don’t have the answer for you on how to quickly or easily get the top 20 records into a chart, but I do know that the Record List Block will let you display a list of the first X number of records based on however you sort your data.

One option is to write a script in the Scripting block that marks those top 20 records (perhaps via a {Top 20} checkbox field). With a view that only shows those marked records, choose that view from the Chart block. If you’d like help with the script, let us know!

Scott_Callery
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @ScottWorld / @Justin_Barrett.
The record list is probably the closest to what I’m looking for.
I ended up looking at what the sales value is at row 20, and set a filter where sales value > than just below this number to give me the top 20.

Great to hear it! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: You also could just sort your records from highest to lowest, without worrying about the filter.

Hello Sir, is there anyway I can use automation using record list block? Since I can limit x number of rows in there. Could I copy the records that shows in there using automation?