1412 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth_Aucti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In my ‘Properties’ table - I want to add all the details relating to my property including Seller details, Escrow company etc, which I want to link from my Contacts table, but it is causing multiple ‘properties’ columns in my Contacts table when I feel like it should all appear in the one column?

Link to my base and also screen shot of multiple columns. You can see the same property keeps appearing under a different columns and this seems super messy

See link to my base

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 3.11.28 PM

5 Replies 5

Hi @Elizabeth_Auctions

I don’t have access to your base. Is it possible to share a new link?

this should work?: Sign up - Airtable

Hi @Elizabeth_Auctions

I thought this would be the problem. Every time you link a field in table 1 with table 2, it creates a new field in table 2. As far as I can see, you have 5 field in table 1 that are linked with a person in table 2, hence the (at least) 5 fields in table 2.

• “buyer agent” = Dusty
  • “seller 1” = Sam
  • “seller 2” = Ralph
  • “title” = Cheryl
  • “escrow” = Deidre

So, if you say a “property address” has Dusty (linked record) as an buyer agent in table 1, Dusty will have that address with his name in table 2 in a field that you could call “buying agent for”.

Hope this makes sense :slightly_smiling_face:

You could make seperate tables for separate roles: one for the sellers, one for the buying agents, etc. Than you wouldn’t have all those fields in one table.

Okay I understand, thanks for the different table idea. Appreciate your help

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a similar problem only I don't think that's the solution for me as I have people, companies and content in separate tables, so I'm not sure why every time I link people to their companies or content (i.e.: authors to their books, film directors to their movies, etc.), I inadvertently create redundant columns (i.e.: "Content copy," "Content 2 copy" and so on).

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm really getting tired of the unnecessary grunt work of repeatedly scanning, parsing, merging and deleting these extra columns - over and over again. 

Any ideas?

Beuller?