Help

Looking for opinion on sending info (listing) to Amazon and others

Topic Labels: Integrations
1689 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the universal HTTP module in Integromat be used to send information to ebay and amazon?

I am not looking into integrating with Amazon Sellers Central (and other sites) but the fulfillment side (order management) which most of the 3rd solutions out there already provide.What I look into is to submit new listings via Integromat to those platforms. That would mean push information there. As far as I know Amazon provides an API to do that and there are 3rd party services offering that but the services are limited to a few platforms only and they charge more for extra services.

Listing an item would involve sending the new listing related information (item title, description, price, links to images hosted on the web etc…) to Amazon.

From what I found about the HTTP module it seems it does support it, right?

https://support.integromat.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006248533-HTTP

7 Replies 7

And the reason they charge a fair amount for these services is that in additional to the authentication (oAuth2), your API interchanges must also be “signed”. This is an added security method to ensure that who you are and what you send is valid and authenticated information.

The signing process for the API requires some complex base64 computations that bundle the auth key with the data payload and a very precise time-stamp. If any part of the computation is off by just a skosh, the request is rejected. This is the high-level process - dive in and you will be swimming up to your eyeballs in complexities.

1. Create a query request as described in Creating a Canonicalized Query String.

2. Calculate an RFC 2104-compliant HMAC with the string you just created, using your Secret Key as the key. Both HmacSHA256 and HmacSHA1 are supported hash algorithms, but Amazon recommends using HmacSHA256. (Note: Standard port numbers should not be included in the query request string used to calculate the signature. See the Signature Version 2 Signing Process for further information.)

3. Convert the resulting value to base64.

4. Use the resulting value as the value of the Signature request parameter.

Having built a few integrations with MWS (and really, it should be called MW$), I cannot imagine any code-less or low-code process that could accomplish these steps. The last time I built such an integration the bill came to $3500.

My opinion - don’t try it unless you have cash stacked up like firewood and you’re ready to have a bonfire.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @itoldusoandso

The other thing you can do, is also post this to the Integromat Facebook group.

Hope this can help too.

Mary Kay

Exactly! The Facebook community is very helpful.

I would love to know if there’s a no-code approach to working with MWS because (a) I hate projects like this, and (b) no client wants to pay a lot for what is seemingly just another integration process. Please advise us with your outcome. Looking forward to it.

I will have to create a Facebook account. That’s an issue. I deleted mine 10 years ago at the advice of somebody (a tinhead) who worked in the security and never looked back. Yes, feel more disenfranchised but I am happier without. I’ll see if I can get somebody with FB account to post for me. Too bad they don’t have any other support venue. I’ll check with somebody who has done an integration to Amazon to see how they did it, believe or not, they offer it at no cost :winking_face:
I’ll return to this post later. Thanks, that’s a good information. Didn’t know it was so complex.

Just before I go… the API you talk about is the same that Amazon says it’s a new API?

https://developer.amazonservices.com

Selling Partner API (SP-API) is a modernized suite of REST APIs utilizing standards that today’s developers expect, while making it as simple as possible to migrate from our legacy Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) APIs. This suite will include all the functionality available in Amazon MWS plus over a dozen net new APIs, including APIs for vendors. SP-API is now available for all registered developers worldwide.

It’s about time, but it’s unclear if they do not require signed POSTs in the new API.