925 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to lookup entries from another table. But ONLY if they have a certain value in a special field. Is this possible?

Example:

Table 1: Matchdays
Table 2: Players

In Table 2 players can either be “available” or “not available”.

In Table 1 I want to ONLY list the names of the players that are available. Not ALL players that are linked to that matchday.

4 Replies 4
Christoff
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Create a Lookup field in Matchdays that displays the “Available/Not Available” field in Players and then create a View that filters on that field.

Conversely, you could filter the Players table by “Available” and by a new field that looks up the “Match Day” in the Matchdays table.

Edited:
I might have missed what you’re trying to do.
If you’re not interested in filtering but, instead, you want to display a Player’s name ONLY IF the player is available, and display nothing otherwise, then you would still need a Lookup field based on “Available”, and you could hide it if you want, and then create a Formula field with an IF statement that evaluates the Lookup field and then displays or doesn’t display the Player’s name, which would come from the Linked field, which in turn could be hidden in a particular View.

Gabriel_Tataru
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know what you are trying to do :slightly_smiling_face:
It can be done but with some effort … try create other database(s) and sync them with Zappier :winking_face: it worked for me … the refresh is preeety quick

Hi,

I think you’re on to something here. Can you further illustrate how to it can work.

I’m trying to do something similar. I want to create a lookup for the contacts of a certain vendor, but only the contacts of a certain department,

This thread was started before Airtable implemented conditonal lookups.