613 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamPorter
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I built a base for a project, and shared it with several users with editor privs. I added them to my own workspace, and thus assumed responsibility for the cost of their (Pro) accounts. There are a lot of bases in my Pro workspace, but I'm only sharing this one base with these users (i.e. I'm NOT sharing my whole workspace).

The project has now come to an end and I want to stop paying for these users but I'm a bit unclear about how to proceed.

1. If I unshare the base with them (leaving myself as the only user), does that remove them from my workspace as well? More important, does it mean that I'm no longer paying for them?
  2. If I unshare the base, what happens from their perspective? Do they still have accounts? If so are those accounts downgraded to free accounts?

Those are my urgent questions, but I just thought of something else. A business has hired me as a consultant to help with a base they had already started themselves, in their workspace. They shared the base with me (with creator privileges) and I see it in the workspace named "Bases shared with me". Who's paying for my access to that base? It's the business (my client) that owns the base, right? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> If I unshare the base with them (leaving myself as the only user), does that remove them from my workspace as well? More important, does it mean that I'm no longer paying for them

You've never added them to the workspace, right?  So if this is the only base they have access to within this workspace, then once you've removed them from it you won't be paying for them

> If I unshare the base, what happens from their perspective? Do they still have accounts? If so are those accounts downgraded to free accounts?

They'll still have accounts and will have access to all their bases except for that base you unshared

> Who's paying for my access to that base? It's the business (my client) that owns the base, right? 

Yeap, the workspace owner is paying for your seat

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> If I unshare the base with them (leaving myself as the only user), does that remove them from my workspace as well? More important, does it mean that I'm no longer paying for them

You've never added them to the workspace, right?  So if this is the only base they have access to within this workspace, then once you've removed them from it you won't be paying for them

> If I unshare the base, what happens from their perspective? Do they still have accounts? If so are those accounts downgraded to free accounts?

They'll still have accounts and will have access to all their bases except for that base you unshared

> Who's paying for my access to that base? It's the business (my client) that owns the base, right? 

Yeap, the workspace owner is paying for your seat