cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Bowen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all!

We have an onboarding checklist that we use for the IT, People, and Office teams when our company hires a new employee.
This table is used to share out information like first/last name, start date, starting location, role, and more.
Sometimes, the recruiters and coordinators are unaware that the start date might be a holiday.

I’d love to find a way to monitor the start date field and check it against a list of company holidays (which we would like to manage and assign to locations) and alert us via Slack if a new hire is planned to start on a holiday.

I’m kind of stuck, but hoping that somebody has an idea.
We can also utilize Zapier, and any other tools that may be helpful for this

1 Reply 1

Hi @Greg_Bowen, the best way to do this would be with Integromat instead of Zapier, because it is more fully-featured than Zapier (and much cheaper, too).

You could likely do this with an Airtable automation too, but I don’t see a way to do it without writing a custom JavaScript.

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.