1357 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_T1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables. The first table (Articles) records each have fields that include “Main Point 1”, “Main Point 2” and “Main Point 3”. . …
The second table (Article related items) links to the first with a lookup of the various records. I need to create a multi (or single) select field that allows users to choose the field name “Main Point 1” or “Main Point 2” or “Main Point 3” (from table 1) and populate a single cell in the table 2 record with the information from whichever fields were chosen in the dropdown.
There can be several records in the second table for each record in the first.

Articles (Table 1)

Article Related Items (Table 2)

Is there a way to do this. I feel like I have come across this solution before, but cannot find it despite spending a lot of time searching. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hi M_T1, I’ve put something together here for you to check out

The easiest way I could think of how to deal with this involved a linked field, lookup fields per point, and a formula field that would output what you expected based on the single select field you mentioned:

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 6.35.34 PM

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 6.35.38 PM

Adam, thank you so much for your reply.
I appreciate it.
I did think of this, but was really hoping for a more streamlined solution. I was sure I had come across one several months ago where a multi-select was created from a number of fields, but can’t seem to find it again. Perhaps I was dreaming.

Could you please provide the formula? I try but cannot make it work. I have 2 tables: Companies and Shows. What I want to achieve is that the Shows2 column in Company table will be populated automatically by the type of Company according type of show from 2nd table (from multiple select)