398 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Calaiaro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All, I’m building out a comprehensive recipe / ingredient / shopping list tool which aims to be the place where I can convert 15 years of working culinary knowledge and interest. I’ll share this when I’m complete. I’ve read about junction tables, implemented one, and have looked at nearly all examples on Universe. Let me first apologize if I’m searching for something that’s been asked 100 times before in with different language. I’m just getting a handle of airtable (and quickly starting to love this product), but don’t yet intimately know the product / language.

Today I have three tables, “Recipes”, “Ingredient lists”, and “Ingredients”. “Ingredient lists” is a junction table which forms the many to many association between recipes and ingredients. Avocado toast and guacamole both share avocado. This part makes sense and works well.

Here’s where I’m getting stuck. Let’s say I have a recipe called “buttermilk dressing” and another recipe called, “little gems with radish, buttermilk dressing, and fresh dill.” Here, there is a nesting component to the latter. How do I deal with this?

What I’m trying to get to is a place where in the ingredients list table, all the ingredients for the recipe will show up, but I’d like to keep certain components separate, like the dressing, as they are useful as standalone items.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of things to try or places to read? Thank you!

11 Replies 11
luna_luna
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can likewise consider a Golden Crunch Golden Churn Butter from an Asian supermarket with the most renowned grocery products.

himg1509

Hi @AlliAlosa I have a similar problem statement about meal planning and grocery list but slightly different use case. Would you be able to help, I'm stuck with something.

heman