969 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ash_Carruthers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, we have approximately 100 staff operating remotely and we use airtable to keep track of when they are available. Every week they email me in their date gaps that they are available and the location they will be in at the start and end of the gap (e.g. 11 June 2019 London - 10 July 2019 Paris). We need to know when they are free (not when they are working). At the moment they email in their dates and I manually enter them into the system. The dates are constantly changing and updating. So far airtable is great for keeping track of the dates and gaps, but if data entry could be automated at the staff level to enter their dates it would be a great time saver.

Is there any way to have our staff be able to use a third party app or similar to edit their calendars which then when they complete an update it will automatically update their view in Airtable?

We have a view for each staff member and rows representing each available gap. Columns showing Name, Date free from, location, date free to, location and date entry was updated.

I know forms could be used to enter individual entries, however the staff may need to adjust one date in an entry, or a location on an existing entry so would need to be able to view their dates, edit or delete existing dates and add new entries.

Thank you for any assistance!

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, Ash! One possible way to address this is to invite your staff to share the base as collaborators, then let each collaborator create a personal view, in which they can edit their own availability. The personal view would be essentially identical to the view you’ve made for a given staff member, but it can only be edited by that staff member. Others could view it, but not edit it. The big caveat with personal views is that you need at least a Pro plan to access the feature. Do you think that would work?

If that’s not a viable option, there may be a way to use either Zapier or Integromat to do the job, though I don’t yet have enough experience with either of those services to offer any specific suggestions on how to pull it off.

Hi Ash

Sent you a PM…

Julian

Kimberly_Bryant
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Ash! Did you ever find a solution?

I am interested in creating a Master Calendar that will allow individual freelance staff to access the calendar and input their availability dates. Each person should only be able to see their information, not the information another freelance individual has entered. I then want to be able to see all entries in my Master Calendar. This will need to be a calendar they can access at any time to input or update their personal information. What is the best way for them to access it and for me to remind them to update on say a weekly basis? Thank you! I cannot seem to find specifics on this.

Hi Julian,

I read a post from Ash regarding a multiple staff calendar and it looks like maybe you had a solution.

I am interested in creating a Master Calendar that will allow individual freelance staff to access the calendar and input their availability dates. Each person should only be able to see their information, not the information another freelance individual has entered. I then want to be able to see all entries in my Master Calendar. This will need to be a calendar they can access at any time to input or update their personal information. What is the best way for them to access it and possibly an automatic reminder to update on say a weekly basis? Thank you! I cannot seem to find specifics on this.

Odeh_Business
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Ash, I personally use a schedule shift template by Orapex. I stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago and it has saved me loads of time. It’s an excellent time tracking software that includes an employee calendar and a shift schedule. Not to forget that it is completely free. :slightly_smiling_face: