995 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Smith1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I schedule presentations for various members of our Board.  I need for airtables to embed all upcoming presentations currently not assigned on a private page on our website.  Then I would like to direct the Board members to that page and ask them to select which presentation they would like to make.  (any Board member can make any presentation).  Once they select which presentation(s) they will make, then have the form update so that others can see that option is already chosen and automate an e-mail to that Board member with additional info about that presentation.  

Anyone had a similar need and figured out how to do it?

3 Replies 3

Sounds like you'll want to embed a view on your website that displays the available presentations.  You could then create a form view and also embed that on your website for your users to select which presentation they want to make, and have an automation email the person once the form is submitted

Said form would have a linked field to the presentations, and you would limit the selection of records to the view that only displays the available presentations

OK thanks Adam, that is helpful.  The additional step is for the user to not only select which presentation they are taking, but who they are.  So I would need two dropdowns on the second embed form, one to select the presentation and the other to select their name.  How would I connect the presentation with the name on the back end?  

We formerly did this using Sign-Up Genius, which worked well, but is clunky and unattractive and does not lend itself to record-keeping efficiently.  

For what it's worth, I would not want to insist on protecting the page via user email and password since some of them are technology-challenged and would find even this process difficult.  

> How would I connect the presentation with the name on the back end? 
Given that you have a linked field to the presentation in the form, the connection is already present actually.  To display the name of the person who registered to do that presentation in your "Presentations" table, you would create a lookup field in the "Presentations" table on the linked field to the form submissions table that displays the name

> For what it's worth, I would not want to insist on protecting the page via user email and password since some of them are technology-challenged and would find even this process difficult. 
Fair enough.  Is it a security concern that the list of board member names is visible via the dropdown?