Help

Re: Noobie question: I need help from airtable experts, Currently I'm not able to followup on my leads properly

1136 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay_P
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Currently, I have my data in multiple tables (20)
Each table has the exact same table structure. Please dont tell me to put all data in same table. I can’t do it.

& I don’t get much time to go into each and every table to check which leads I have to followup on.

I need a way by which I can view all the records that have the status ‘Negotiation State’ in all the tables to be displayed in one place so I can be more efficient with my work.

I make chnage in this view and the chnage should be implemented at the original table.

I see in other softwares like Asanas the pipeline thing is built in. How can i make my airtables more efficient ?

56 Replies 56

In previous posts when people ask about the requirement for multiple tables, requirements he has never brought up requirements such as this.

I believe that at one point he said that he imports them on a daily basis. I’m not completely sure.

Other posts imply that there could be 50 tables, one for each state. However, other posts also indicate that he recently upgraded to the Plus plan, with a limit of 5,000 records, but later regretted that decision. Thus, I assume that he will have less than 5,000 records. Again, I could be wrong.

I agree. It has been interesting to participate in this conversation. I am in awe of how so many intelligent people volunteer to come together to help new members of this community.

Yes i manually upload the into the airtable. I love how i can quickly copy paste them into airtable. Monday crm was so rigid.

Q.how much larger is the 20 original source tables likely to grow towards and how will that impact any given approach that already shows automation at the ceiling

It wont grow much but I’ll be definately be adding more tables for other categories.
So I’ll be creating another base I guess for other kind of data and there will be few more kinds coming soon.
Good thing is most of my data structures are exactly the same.

“a basic requirement for users,”

This is 2020 and almost every other competitor tool provides easy way to get all the records out of box. This is a major struggle as I can’t retrieve the important records at one place.
If your crm doesnt help you priotize your tasks/ its not a success.

Strengths = i like how easy it is to copy paste the data from excel.
Its clean.
Easy to create calender tasks.

It’s efficient for us because of prioritization. Data from some states are far more important than others. & It will not be cleaner.

Thank you for validating @Justin_Barrett’s assertion. :winking_face: The idea of establishing importance or priorities is rendered entirely impossible in a fractured data model.

This is patently false.

My recommendation is to come back with reasoned and rational responses or head back over to Monday or Asana.

Is it possible to use an automation (without a script) to remove a record? I can only seem to modify records using the Update record action, not delete them. Am I missing something?

I see tremendous upside in Airtable. Lets not be negative and talk how we can make this awesome product even better. Airtable have fleet on engineers, im sure they can figure out solution to common user problems.

There already is a solution to this problem, you have elected not to use it.

This currently is not possible. Currently, the only way for an automation to delete a record is with a script.

They can easily provide the scrip in automation UI option, why aren’t they doing it ?

Would love to engage but without answers to these questions, I have some other users I need to assist.

Top Need. Easy way to track the team’s progress. It could be a view or synched table but it should be able to bring data from multiple tables so a manager can easily know where his team is.
Current Airtable Sync option doesn’t allow the user to make changes on the record in the (summary view).
Atleast it should provide a link to jump to the original table so work can be done efficiently. Also in the past I had created my own crm so I know all these things i m asking is very much possible , not at all hard to achieve. I just dont have time on my hand to code another crm.