819 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

When I’m adding records, and I need to add a record in a related table, I have the option to do so through the gallery view but not in the form view. I would like to have that option in the form view as well. How?

Add record

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hover your mouse over the submit button. If it tells you you can’t submit your changes, that means you’re in the form builder. At the top of the screen it should say open form which will take you to the shared version of the form View.

Since you can’t submit record via the form Builder, shared version of a form doesn’t let you add new records to a related table, again, no you’ll have to use a different View

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

You cannot edit or add new records from the form builder version of a Form view, and you can’t add new records in the related table from the shared version of a Form view either.

You’ll have to do that from another view.

Hi!
What do you mean with the “form builder version”? Is there any way I can add records in a form view?
Thanks!

Hover your mouse over the submit button. If it tells you you can’t submit your changes, that means you’re in the form builder. At the top of the screen it should say open form which will take you to the shared version of the form View.

Since you can’t submit record via the form Builder, shared version of a form doesn’t let you add new records to a related table, again, no you’ll have to use a different View

Wow, that’s really surprising. Thanks!

Yes, But we want to be able to add a linked record from a form in the current form. For example: I have a project that is associated with a customer. I want to be able to search for a customer when adding a project and if i can't find the right one I can add it from another form. I was just helping someone else build an interface today and they had the exact same question.