cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,
What note taking app are you using to simply take notes or wiki (Markdown ?) into AirTable ?

I have in mind Notable or Evernote where the UI is dedicated to notes but would be stored in AirTable.

5 Replies 5

If you use iOS or MacOS devices, Drafts would be an excellent choice for this.

It labels itself as the place “Where text starts”, and allows you to build your own “actions” to send that text where you want it to go. So, for example, you could build an action that sends the text to Airtable Via the API - and I bet if you got creative, you could get the action to recognize tags (say following a # ) and convert them to options in a multi-select field.

Drafts is a great tool for text automation. But it is only available for Apple devices.

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Unfortunatly I’m on Windows
But I think there is something to improve in AirTable Mobile App or provide a sync with note apps

I’m curious to know more about pulling notes in Drafts into tables in Airtable. I’ve sniffed around in the Drafts Community, but end up more confused than not… I really just want to be able to log a note in Drafts into my Interactions Table in Airtable… Thoughts?

Hi @Admin_Expert,

Sorry, I just saw your question here. If you’re not familiar with JavaScript and consuming API’s, this might be a bit of a heavy lift.

To achieve what you are wanting, you’ll need to create a custom Action in Drafts that uses a Script:

Inside that script, you’ll have to use JavaScript and Draft’s API to retrieve your note content and then send it to the Airtable API:

Feel free to PM me if you want to dive in deeper, step by step.

sao_nian
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Different people use/need different features so it depends.
https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-5583.html
Joplin should be enough. It has served me well for markdown function. for you, it is just a matter of whether there is something you need that Joplin is not offering.