1347 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie_Provinzia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HI! Is there anyway to turn off notifications for a member so that they are only notified if they are @mentioned?

6 Replies 6

Hi @Katie_Provinziano,

As far as I know, that should be the default behavior. At least in my bases, this is the default option checked for the record comment stream:

I’m pretty sure that if you comment in the comment stream, it changes that option to “Watching comments” for you. You can click on that little “Radio Signal” icon to change it back to “Not watching” in which case it will go back to only notifying on @mentions, but you’d have to do that for every comment stream individually :confused:

Thank you - so it sounds like each individual user would have to decide that for themselves. Hopefully at some point you can just have blanket notification preferences and more options. Thanks for responding so quickly, Jeremy!

Dan_Strengier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable auto adds a user to the “Watching comments” if they are mentioned in the comment stream, or if they comment. We should have the ability to set, per user, blanket notification preferences.

Maurice
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is especially annoying if you want to use a “Collaborator” field to seek approval from multiple parties.

In lots of cases, I want to assign a record to someone so they can approve it, and that’s all. They do not need to receieve every comment ever posted on that record until the end of time.

For 2 years now I’ve been unable to use a collaborator field to avoid unnecessary inbox comment spam.

Kyle_Hannan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be really useful: to be able to change a base’s default notification setting to “send notifications only when @tagged”.

Dollie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Until then, you can create a rule in your Outlook/Gmail to filter/delete emails where not mentioned