4350 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Carr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Whilst a fan of online apps and data, the paranoid in me wonders what I would do if your website goes down or gets compromised. Is there an easy way to backup my bases for local storage?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey all, as Airtable/Zapier experts (not directly associated with Airtable or Zapier) we built a way to do external backups for Airtable automatically, to address this issue directly.

If backups are a priority for you, check out the show and tell here: How to set up automatic external backups for Airtable in 20 minutes

See Solution in Thread

54 Replies 54
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m curious about the same. We’re in the middle of building a large-ish business system where AirTable is at the center of all of the connected cloud services. While I’ve never wondered about the reliability or security of Airtable in the past, I’m starting to wonder now that the data stored in Airtable is connected to almost all aspects of our business.

We are in a similar position. We are 3/4 of the way of having our own Airtable empire and our business operations rely on it immensely. Local backup would be awesome.

Clare_Suereth
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d really like to be able to make 1 backup of all the data in my whole Airtable account at one time. Thank you!

Alan_Stokes

This would help ease everyone’s worry. I am creating data points that are not recorded elsewhere and with all the changes in tech companies coming and going I would hate to lose the information. This product is so good that the only risk is that Google might buy you out someday since they have nothing like this, but if that happened I am sure they would find a way to save customers data.

Amy_Boyd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I use Airtable for lyrics and chords on stage with a band, and if wifi goes down during a show we’re in trouble. I’m very looking forward to being able to save a copy of everything to my device before a show and operate offline.

Mark_Wallace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. I wouldn’t want Airtable to become a single point of failure for my enterprise, so this feature (full external backup) is mandatory. Maybe not the attachments, if those had a local origin, anyway.

I am working on a database for investigation and preparation of a criminal defense case. Will share when complete.

G_GRand
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also add me to this list. Airtable is awesome. Appreciatively me.

Colin_Rathbun
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love to be notified as well.

Gerard_Kensingt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can’t wait to start using this! I’d like to be added to the update list, too.
Actually @Victoria_Hay is the Mac desktop app the same as local storage? (assuming we’re backing up regularly to an external hard drive)

Kerry_Kriger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also like offline backup in one easy-click. Thanks!

Alexander_Verha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are really looking forward to this feature.

Gareth_Chapman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree - absolutely STUNNING product - many thanks. Please keep me in the loop re local backup.

Wenliang_Lu

This would be a very important feature. Please add me in the notification list.
Thank you!

Benjamin_Ho

Could you add me to the notification list as well? Really need a solid backup option for my bases.

Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Just to renew our support of this feature request.

Voj_Kofi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Readable and complete local backup is critical for me. In absence of the possibility to backup data locally I’m forced to save all attachments separately to a base dedicated folder. Second part of my backup of the base is export of the views (csv or print).

Linda_Brannum
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add me to the notification as well. I would be DEVASTATED (I know, drama-queen) if something happened to my bases (esp. the company one). I am also eager to figure out how to hide sensitive info from certain team members.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Airtable!!!

Edward_Shamis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!
Can you please update about the status of this feature?
And please add me to the notification list as well.
Thank you