1208 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragana_Knezevi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need to understand one thing regarding billing per user per workspace.
If I am the owner and at the same time creator/editor/everything of 3 different workspaces, am I charged as “one user” or “three users”?
There are three of use in the team who will need access to many different workspaces. Will we get charged per email address (even if that user uses 4 workspaces) or per number of workspaces that user uses?
I hope this is clear! :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

On the Team Plan, Airtable’s billing is done by workspace.

So if you are a collaborator on 3 different workspaces (or you are a collaborator on different bases within those 3 different workspaces), then those 3 workspaces will EACH be charged for you as a collaborator — equating to 1 person being charged 3 times.

So be sure to put all of your bases into one workspace. 

However, on the Business and Enterprise plans, you don’t get charged by workspace, so you can have as many workspaces as you want at no additional charge. 

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

On the Team Plan, Airtable’s billing is done by workspace.

So if you are a collaborator on 3 different workspaces (or you are a collaborator on different bases within those 3 different workspaces), then those 3 workspaces will EACH be charged for you as a collaborator — equating to 1 person being charged 3 times.

So be sure to put all of your bases into one workspace. 

However, on the Business and Enterprise plans, you don’t get charged by workspace, so you can have as many workspaces as you want at no additional charge. 

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Thank you Scott, I understand. Appreciate the answer.

Hmmm, sad indeed. I've been using the Free account for a month or two now, setting up data in multiple Workspaces to separate the various data collections. Was just about to upgrade to Pro and was presented with the "which ONE of these workspaces do you want to upgrade" menu.  I'll have to work through getting all of my data into one workspace before I'll upgrade.  Wish I'd know this upgrade policy before I got started. *sigh*

You can now just upgrade to Business (or Enterprise), and you get unlimited workspaces at no additional cost. 

I've scoured Airtable's documentation for clarification on this, and I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know if there's any official documentation that clearly says you only pay once for a user across multiple workspaces on the Business and Enterprise Scale plans?

Example scenario: Someone is an Editor in two workspaces but only a Commenter in another workspace. I assume the determining factor is the highest-level permission across all three workspaces in the org, so the account is charged for one user because it has at least Editor permission to something within the org (regardless of workspace).