Help

Re: Org Chart block modification for "Co-Manage" relationship?

557 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexa_Corcoran
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi -

I am actually asking for a different purpose, but my general question is whether there is a way to set a Co-Manager type structure for a team in an org chart? So, two managers who then equally have a reporting team below them?

What I’m actually hoping to accomplish is this - I am a professional genealogist (family historian) and use AirTable for my research. The Org Chart block tool would let me create a family tree very easily instead of creating these outside of AirTable as I do now. And, I could show fields I’ve already got in the research logs (date and location of birth, marriage, death, etc.) The catch? Family Trees are based on the relationship of Parents to Children - so I need essentially a co-manager - or mother-father as parent, then the children below. As of now, I can’t see a way to specify two people as the “head” of a branch of an organization (or, in my case, a family).

Next, of course, I’d also have to ask that they could be changed to a horizontal setting instead of just vertical - that’s then a one click Pedigree Chart, the other tool we use. But baby steps (no pun intended!)

Thanks for your help!

Alexa

P.S.Here is an example of a family tree in terms of what I mean by the “co-manager” or line between two parents than then have children below them - thanks!
familytree2.gif

2 Replies 2
Daniel_Kuney
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was just thinking how great it would be use Airtable for a family tree. Is it possible to visualize the tree using the Org Chart?

I could also use the Gantt chat to map major events in our family.

Greg_Shea
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also want to throw my name in for support of this idea!