430 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iberlucio_santo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I’m going to get the hook of the problem addressed here, referring to the out-of-order result.
I completed a KODULAR project two months ago, specifically a quizz, but whenever I read it in the airtable, the fields return out of order.
I just can’t find a way to solve this problem as it’s not up to me.
And to make things more difficult, return positions always vary and are not constant.
Can someone help me?

From the image you can see the fields out of order.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 10.09.03

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately I can’t read that language, so without you telling me that the fields are out of order, I have no clue what’s going on.

That aside, field order is always going to be arbitrary if you only ask Airtable to give you the fields from a specific table. However, if you ask it for fields in a specific view from that table, then the order should be maintained in the data that you receive. I’m not sure how this translates into what you’re doing with Kodular, but I’m hoping that this makes enough sense that you can apply a fix that will work.

Also keep in mind that you will might not get every field for every record. If a field is blank for a record, that field will not exist in the response from the REST API.

I also would not count on the fields being in a particular order when you request records from a view. Requesting records from a view only filters the records – the fields returned are not limited the fields that actually appear in the view.

In any case, I do not recommend relying on field order when using the API. Go by the field name.