cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel_Ng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi team, I’m loving Airtable but have a couple of questions:
Print View - is it possible to remove all the outside boarders and URLs, and just have the content in the PDF?

Second question - the page designer block, is it possible to have more than one record per page? I want to use it to create a price sheet for our products, but having only 1 record per page means I need to have a page per product.

34 Replies 34

What you mean? That’s just what the block does. Maybe you have to configure the Print dialog?

6791aeb99054394b4de4c571e53f03d419dff1e2.png

Yes

648be6a11897d75e58a040ed0a08e0820fbd343b.png

To answer your last question first (and to punt on the first one, entirely :winking_face: ), Page Designer was, um, designed to provide a record-centric view into data. That said, when was the last time you heard of someone using the product the way it was intended to be used, just because Airtable said so? There are definitely ways to incorporate information from multiple records in a single Page Designer page. In fact, of the 8? 9? Page Designer Blocks in my Black Mirror base, I think only 2 display data from a single record. (I recommend you make a copy of the base and then open the Blocks section fullscreen. I use Description Blocks to provide a narrative of my various adventures in data presentation.)

No fair! You’re actually using it the way it was meant to be used… :disappointed_relieved:

David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am also attempting (unsuccessfully) to use page designer to print multiple records per page. Can someone please guide me on this. I have the pro plan.

It is possible. You need to make a new table (in the same base). In this table you need a column with “link to other records” it is important that you allow to “link multiple records” in this column.

When you now make a new record you put/link in all records from the other table in this column. It should now be possible to print them out with the page designer. The page designer of cause need to base on the new table.

Hope it also works for you!

You don’t need to do that.You just need to use the “Records in a specific view” option and choose your options. What you are describing is how to show Linked Records from a individual record shown in a table.

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24_05-39-37_p. m..png

Let’s say you are organizing an event, and you have a table for the Atendees. Your could print custom invitation cards for everyone of them, like that:

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24 a las 17.42.30.png

And you will get this:

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24_05-43-25_p. m..png

Bob_Meagher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The Black Mirror stuff is pretty but it doesn’t answer the question I have, which I think is similar to the OP. I’m using this to write service orders to fix certain items. I want a list of the things I have to fix, IDEALLY grouped by Status, just like in a grid layout. All the data is in one table, though some of that table’s fields are lookups to others. But I can only get one record per page unless I create a parent table that uses my intended table as a lookup field and then I turn it into a table. But I don’t want the bordered table look for this, I want a horizontal row of individual fields, ideally grouped. Any idea?

Can you rough out a sample report using a word processor or similar and screenshot it (preferably along with a read-only link to your base)? I’m having a little trouble visualizing exactly what it is you want.

Thanks!

Keith_Orr
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So I’m also having problems. I have a ton of uses in various bases, but here’s an example.

I’ve imported data from our point-of-sale, which is also our timeclock. I’d like to print out timesheets.

Imported Table has (among other fields)
ID Time/Date_In Time/Date_Out

Employee Table links using the ID. I’d like a result:

Employee
Time/Date_In Time/Date_Out

Bonus if you can get summaries.
Double Bonus if you can duplicate Time/Date_In and format as Date in one column and as Time in another.

Keith