cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel_Ng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi team, I’m loving Airtable but have a couple of questions:
Print View - is it possible to remove all the outside boarders and URLs, and just have the content in the PDF?

Second question - the page designer block, is it possible to have more than one record per page? I want to use it to create a price sheet for our products, but having only 1 record per page means I need to have a page per product.

34 Replies 34

What you mean? That’s just what the block does. Maybe you have to configure the Print dialog?

6791aeb99054394b4de4c571e53f03d419dff1e2.png

Yes

648be6a11897d75e58a040ed0a08e0820fbd343b.png

To answer your last question first (and to punt on the first one, entirely :winking_face: ), Page Designer was, um, designed to provide a record-centric view into data. That said, when was the last time you heard of someone using the product the way it was intended to be used, just because Airtable said so? There are definitely ways to incorporate information from multiple records in a single Page Designer page. In fact, of the 8? 9? Page Designer Blocks in my Black Mirror base, I think only 2 display data from a single record. (I recommend you make a copy of the base and then open the Blocks section fullscreen. I use Description Blocks to provide a narrative of my various adventures in data presentation.)

No fair! You’re actually using it the way it was meant to be used… :disappointed_relieved:

David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am also attempting (unsuccessfully) to use page designer to print multiple records per page. Can someone please guide me on this. I have the pro plan.

It is possible. You need to make a new table (in the same base). In this table you need a column with “link to other records” it is important that you allow to “link multiple records” in this column.

When you now make a new record you put/link in all records from the other table in this column. It should now be possible to print them out with the page designer. The page designer of cause need to base on the new table.

Hope it also works for you!

You don’t need to do that.You just need to use the “Records in a specific view” option and choose your options. What you are describing is how to show Linked Records from a individual record shown in a table.

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24_05-39-37_p. m..png

Let’s say you are organizing an event, and you have a table for the Atendees. Your could print custom invitation cards for everyone of them, like that:

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24 a las 17.42.30.png

And you will get this:

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-24_05-43-25_p. m..png

Bob_Meagher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The Black Mirror stuff is pretty but it doesn’t answer the question I have, which I think is similar to the OP. I’m using this to write service orders to fix certain items. I want a list of the things I have to fix, IDEALLY grouped by Status, just like in a grid layout. All the data is in one table, though some of that table’s fields are lookups to others. But I can only get one record per page unless I create a parent table that uses my intended table as a lookup field and then I turn it into a table. But I don’t want the bordered table look for this, I want a horizontal row of individual fields, ideally grouped. Any idea?

Can you rough out a sample report using a word processor or similar and screenshot it (preferably along with a read-only link to your base)? I’m having a little trouble visualizing exactly what it is you want.

Thanks!

Keith_Orr
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So I’m also having problems. I have a ton of uses in various bases, but here’s an example.

I’ve imported data from our point-of-sale, which is also our timeclock. I’d like to print out timesheets.

Imported Table has (among other fields)
ID Time/Date_In Time/Date_Out

Employee Table links using the ID. I’d like a result:

Employee
Time/Date_In Time/Date_Out

Bonus if you can get summaries.
Double Bonus if you can duplicate Time/Date_In and format as Date in one column and as Time in another.

Keith

Keith_Orr

Just to add a bith more…

I’ve used lots of relational databases. I’m having a hard time getting the results I want from Airtable. Really easy to import and look at data, but having a very hard time getting the output I’d like.

In the above example I can get the info I want just using one table, grouping records, and adding Summaries. But very limited in trying to put that result on paper for others. I thought the page designer block would make it possible, but I can’t get it to give me the results I’m looking for. I’m thinking of it as a report writer, but it isn’t even allowing the rather simple task of the timesheet example. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Keith

Do you have these in the base as a series of In/Out records linked to an employee record? If so, you can roll up the In/Out records using ARRAYJOIN(values,'\n') as the aggregation function and then drop the rolled-up value into Page Designer as a block of text. (Unfortunately, to get them into chronological order you’ll most likely have to import them in reverse chronological order, but that’s a topic for a later day.)

For summaries (total hours worked, I assume), calculate elapsed hours on each In/Out linked record and then roll up the calculated field using SUM(values) as your aggregation function.

For date and time in separate columns (not exactly sure what you want, but my best guess), parse Time/Date_In Time/Date_Out into its component pieces and roll up each component as first described above. Position columns as desired.

Martha_Archer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to do something like this. I have a list of items for sale at an auction and want to print invoices ( blocks ) by bidder number and rollup the total of the winning bids for each bidder. I cannot seem to see how to list several items on one page. They are all on the same table. I do not have linked tables.

Please send any advice!

You need a Items table and Bidders table, and relate a bidder with his items. You add a Page Designer for the Bidder and add those items in a table format. You could have a Rollup field in the Bidders table summing up the items cost, and of course add it to the Page Designer invoices.

M_Petruzzi

I have a similar issue.

I would like to create product quotes and invoices from an Airtable product base, and I am quite surprised that the default is not having EACH field dragged to the artboard/grid function as separate lookup!

The “selling” page for the Designer Page block shows what appear to be independently functioning fields (in terms of lookup/return function) on an invoice example, but I can find no straightforward way to get that result.

To my way of thinking, each field dragged to the artboard grid should default to independent lookup, unless we override that feature (I can’t right now conceive of a reason why anyone would want a page full of one record repeated over and over again, but perhaps there is one).

In other words, once placed on the page, I ought to be able to click, search, and then bring up a different model number for each field on the page, that add fields for a price from the same base, and then add a formula to multiply the cost by the quantity. These fields would all be arranged on the page in a table in a customary way that is instantly recognizable to most individuals in business.

If this most common implementation/format of an invoice is not possible without significant coding and customization, then I would recommend that they use a different example on the selling page. :slightly_smiling_face:

MKP

Replying to my own comment, I think what I need to do is to create separate “Quote and Invoice Table” and create the designer page from that. I suggest that they might include this little bit of advice in the selling page I referenced in my original comment. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Nope, not working. Wish I had the 2-hours of my time back. :frowning:

I think I don’t fully understand your post, but I’m pretty sure that you can create what you want. Could you leave screenshots? What data what you to include in the Quptes or Invoices blocks? I leave you some examples of mines o an Events planning base.

A quote:

Dj%20Elias-%20Eventos%20-%20Airtable

Other doc (it’s not an invoice but to have another example:

Boda%20Joseba%20%26%20Esti%CC%81baliz%20en%20Horma%20Ondo

Hey Elias,

Thanks fo much for trying to help out.

I might have an issue with how one or more of my tables is set up or something. If all else fails, I’ll download a CVS of my “source table” once I build it, rather than fuss around any more with the Page Designer block. I am still wincing from this morning’s wasted effort.

That said, once the pain wears off, I might give it another go.

Screenshots? Here is my intended source table:
IntendedSourceTable.jpg

After I took all the trouble to build a post with three jpgs here, I received a notice that new users can only post one jpg per post. I am beginning to question my choice of Airtable for this inconvenience more than any other.

Please see addition posts with additional info.

Thanks again for your interest and help, but as I wrote above, if all else fails, I’ll just export CVS files and import them into Numbers or Excel formatted quotes.

M_Petruzzi

… continuing from last post…

Next, you will notice that if I select a field from this table, there is no option for “Table, List, or Inline” shown.

QuotesFieldsExample.jpg

M_Petruzzi

…and continuing some more…

Here, we see that if I try choosing a record from another table, but not my Quotes table, I can add it and format as a table… but alas, it doesn’t carry the info I need.

OfficialModelExample.jpg

Please note, that I was NOW informed (again, after the fact), that “new users” can only post three replies per forum. Therefore, I can’t post the last jpg example, and I also may not have the chance to thank you if you come up with a solution. Perhaps I can PM you pending when I am no longer “new” once I exceed whatever criteria is used to determine when one has achieved status beyond “new”.

What nonsense.