Help

Page Designer-esque extension for whole grid?

Topic Labels: Extensions Integrations
631 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oreocereus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I need to be able to quickly select products to send out as a pricelist each week. Since all my data is in airtable, I'd like to be able to do this from Airtable, however I am unable to find a tidy way to do this with airtable..

The issues I have doing this directly from printing in airtable or interface designer:
- It's quite ugly looking

- I don't see a way to include branding or other info

- Very limited formatting options

- Airtable STILL has no wrap function (so products with longer descriptions are problematic).

Page designer nearly  does what I need it to (automatically feeding record info into a template) - except that it only lets you do one record a page!

The only semi viable options I have is downloading a view as a CSV, opening that in sheets to format it nicely. This level of repetitive action seems unnecessary on a week-by-week basis...

Ideally I'd like a Page Designer extension that lets you format a table/grid..

Does anyone have any suggestions of an easier workflow?

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here are some of your best options:

1. One of the most popular document creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. DocuMint has an Airtable extension and also offers full Make support.

2. Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. PlumSail Documents is another app that has an Airtable extension and also offers full Make support.

4. Formstack Documents also has an Airtable extension and also offers full Make support.

5. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make’s automations & integrations. You can even use good old fashioned Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Hmm, if a grid is all you need, perhaps try the automation for creating Google Docs?  You could then save that as a PDF: https://support.airtable.com/docs/document-automator-setup-guide.  I'm not too sure how you'd go about adding a logo though actually

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest trying DocsAutomator; the free tier works with scripting automations and puts the PDF into your base automatically, and @Rupert_Hoffsch1 has been super helpful whenever I faced issues!

@TheTimeSavingCo @ScottWorld Thanks a lot for mentioning DocsAutomator, highly appreciated 🙂 

@oreocereus Let me know if I can help in any way! Best place to reach out is via DocsAutomator's chat (in-app or on the website) 🙂

Thanks, this should work!