Help

Re: Parasite quote in the CSV export for a column of type "Multiple select" when the value contains a comma

466 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anca_Luca
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the following situation:

• a column of type multiple select
  • some possible values amongst which a value with a comma in it

When exporting to CSV, in the CSV file itself, that value appears wrapped by three double quotes, like this:
“”“this, that”""
which according to the CSV RFC, means that the value in that field is “this, that” (including the surrounding double quotes), as double double quote is the escape of the actual double quote. What I want is the value this, that (without surrounding double quotes).

I have read "Unwanted Quotes" in CSV , but there seems to be a special issue with the multiple select column where the double quotes are added twice, it behaves differently than for a simple regular text column.

1 Reply 1
Anca_Luca

Apparently this is strictly related to the fact that the column is of type multiple select, and I guess the logic is related to the fact that the comma is also a separator for the different values of the multiple select field. In my case switching the field from multiple select to single select fixed the problem, but that only works if you don’t want multiple values for it.