434 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm making a new base for personal use.  I want all the tables in the base to have the same cells.  I created the first table and copied it per instructions in the help function.  I created several new tables by pasting the copied material.  Then i realized i needed to change something, so i deleted the new tables, went back and made the change, copied again, and created new tables, but now it will only past the first column.  When i copy it says "copied 30 records", but when i paste, it only pastes 15 (the first column) even though I'm selecting the whole thing (and yes i'm telling it to expand).  What did i do that made it not copy and paste correctly any more?

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your data copied over. If the same data is going to live in all the tables, you could try duplicating your table instead of using the copy/paste feature. To duplicate your table, click the down arrow that appears in the table's title. Select "Duplicate table."  You will be presented with the option to duplicate records - make sure this is toggled on:
36000972951420180731-dd-mult-vs-1-table-1.gif

If duplicating the table and records isn't what you're hoping for and you're still having trouble with the copy/paste function, would you mind providing a screen recording of the process you are taking to paste the records?