736 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Jacobson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I’m using the page designer block to design labels to print from a work order database. I want to be able to print a quantity of labels based on the number in the QTY field so each individual item has a label. I’m guesing there’s no way to do that directly, so another alternative would be to either internally via a script or code or using zapier turn my original database rows:
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 7.16.42 AM
into this:
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 7.19.00 AM
which could then be printed normally.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

4 Replies 4
Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Alex – I’m not sure if there are better solutions than the one you’ve come up with here.

A possibly easier option might be to recreate the page designer block on a linked table, and to then add lookup fields to that linked table that pull in all of the fields referenced by the block. When printing, instead of duplicating records, you could just add linked records to the linked table, using the fill handle to more quickly create the needed number of records per copy.

You might also be able to set up a workflow along these lines with our new scripting block (Airtable.com/scripting), though writing such a script is beyond the scope of assistance we can offer here on the forum.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nat_Wiseman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can anyone help me in starting out a script to achieve this? We’re also looking for the same functionality as Alex. Ideally something that runs through the records, then creates related records in another table with duplicate values according to a qty field. Basic script syntax/layout would be super helpful as I am very new to scripting!

I wrote this script that creates linked records based on a number in the original record. Depending on your use case, you might be able to use it as is, and use lookup fields to pull in the data you want.

michael_yang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

“I want to be able to print a quantity of labels based on the number in the QTY field so each individual item has a label.”

Would you please tell me how you achieved this? Thank you.