cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all,

Looking for help on this issue. Created a zap to alert me of a new record in a view. When it sends the message, it garbles my field data. Dates work, but any text fields do not.

Any advice/assistance?

5 Replies 5
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

IMG_6235.PNG

Here’s an example of the data.

John_Gilmore
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

can you screen shot the zapier workflow? There is a good chance I can help if I see that, as I have like a bajillion zaps and have done probably more zapier work/troubleshooting than most anybody besides their employees I feel. Like, anyone using it like I do probably should learn to code…

Have you asked Zapier? My experience has been they are prompt and helpful. But I’m a paying user of zapier; not sure if there are free tiers that don’t have support.

These look like primary key field values to me?

I am assuming here that you are trying to send values that are from Link fields (or the key field from the current record) - although these look like they contain text, they actually store a key value. In order to get the value you want, you need to add a Lookup field to your table to get the value as text from the linked table (and sometimes a Formula if you want to create the value you need from several fields.)

Feel free to get back if you have more questions.

Julian

Thanks Julian - this solution solves a number of other identical threads. Hats off to you!

Thanks–that was just the info I needed to fix my new Zap! :grinning: