cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mat_Scalpello
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
New to Airtable, I work in Local Government in the UK and whilst I think the product would work well for some projects I need to understand where data is hosted.
Under our Government rules any data I store in the cloud has to be on UK based servers. Most cloud providers we work with offer some kind of location specific hosting of data. I cannot find any information about whether Airtable is able to offer this?
Thanks in advance

36 Replies 36
Christian_Leone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Anna,
Thanks a lot.

HI! I am Canadian and we were ‘slapped’ with a new law (Bill 25 in Quebec) that forbids municipalities to have data hosted in usa AND under USA companies. I inquired if it was possible to have our invoices come from the new London offices instead of Airtable USA and they couldnt do as the London based office is not incorporated as a company itself but just an outside office of Airtable. I have been working with Airtable for the past 2 years and am absolutely in love with this platform and i am heartbroken to even think about having to redo everything with another platform. I dont understand how Caspio was able to host their data In Montreal, Qc through amazon but Airtable cant or wont.

We only found NocoDB, its open source and you can host it on your own server. We just miss, Extensions, Automations and Interfaces right now.

NocoDB looks pretty same as Airtable :slightly_smiling_face: You can host it on your own Server

We love Airtable, but we also need EU data Storage. Why there is no Solution for this?

Halimaamos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know this thread is like 3 years old, but I thought I’d chime in. I can totally understand your concerns regarding data security and hosting, especially when it comes to government rules. As far as I know, Airtable is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), which has data centers in the UK. But it's always good to double-check to make sure your data is being stored in the right location. In case you're still looking for a hosting provider that offers UK-based servers, I’d suggest checking out https://ishosting.com/en/dedicated/10gbps. They have some pretty impressive 10Gbps dedicated servers that could be just what you need. Plus, their website is super easy to navigate and has all the important details you need to make an informed decision.

Richard_Foxwort
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Interested in this, but for Australian jurisdiction. IS it possible to geo-constrain an Airtable base to a specific AWS data centre? Could be a very useful enterprise option?