Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Enter won't shift curser to a new line within a record

Topic Labels: Data
896 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou76
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In the last 2 weeks my enter function has stopped.

If I open a record and type txt into a cell I used to be able to hit enter and create a new line. This has stopped yet I have no issues with any other software and the enter function when typing txt

6 Replies 6

You need to make sure that your grid view isn’t filtered or grouped by any calculated fields.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

It's happening on all tables of that database

You can also press shift-enter to create a new row. If that doesn’t work and your grid isn’t filtered/grouped, then be sure to email support@airtable.com about it. 

Hmm, so you're saying that when you open the record details and hit enter in a long text field, it's not going to the next line? 

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 5.52.10 PM.png

FarioConsulting
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Lou,
Just want to chime in here to ask whether you have installed any browser extensions.
Further try using Airtable on a different browser and see if the problem persists?

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I've seen this happen (since a day or two) with single line text fields in forms on PC (tested on Edge & Chrome). On a Mac it works as before (enter in a single line text field on a form actually grows the field). 

If that's correct or not is open to debate, but the behavior has changed on PC now. The workaround is to change the field to a long text field. No fun if you have a lot of forms of course.