cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mittens
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Howdy,

I noticed that since yesterday, when I open a single record and try to "tab" down fields, it takes additional presses of the tab key.

• I would expect that it would take one tab keypress to go between one field and the next
  • Instead, I am witnessing it is CONSISTENTLY taking three tab keypresses. I tested this across multiple user accounts, Firefox and Chrome, and multiple AirTable bases. All Windows machines.

Related documentation: https://support.airtable.com/docs/airtable-keyboard-shortcuts

From here:

• Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
  • Does anyone have any suggestions for how to restore the expected "one tab keypress, one field" behavior?
2 Replies 2
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, it looks like it is cycling through the other elements on that page, like the names of the fields, until it reaches the next field value element. Since these other page elements are not editable, this looks like a UI bug. Airtable may need to change the tab behaviour ensuring a single tab press would jump correctly to the next field value element on the page.

Mittens

It sounds like you and I are experiencing the exact same issue. I also would heartily describe it as a "bug".

This bug is seriously affecting my coworker's ability to get work done as many of our Airtable processes involve looking at a single record and filling fields top to bottom with the tab key.

From here:

• I found this forum post from 2020 suggesting that Airtable prefers bug reports to be sent as a Support Team request; I will be doing this myself in a moment
  • Separately, are there any other channels to submit bug requests?