Help

Re: Related fields for successive, not necessarily dependent, tasks?

261 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Grauel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not sure how to even ask this - below is a nice calendar view with tasks on it that have durations set for them.  I don't need to set durations for tasks, but I do want to have "successive" tasks shift by the same amount as any "predecessor" task that I drag to a new place on the calendar as I reorder things.  So if "Task1" is currently due April 1, and "Task2" is due April 15," any change to one should change the other equally.  The commonality between the tasks is a project or client name, and all tasks live in a table called . . . wait for it . . .  "Tasks."

The example below is from AT itself:  Collecting Base Metadata - Universe (airtable.com) which was not really what I wanted to do.  Traditional Gantt views are just unreadable to me.  Calendars are.  I think I'm kind of looking for a Gantt-displayed-on-calendar sort of thing?

Doug_Grauel_0-1710778272685.png

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

The new Date Dependency feature should do what you need: https://support.airtable.com/docs/date-dependencies-in-airtable

You can pretty much just ignore the "Duration" field and just set your end dates and it'll work fine.  It'll allow you to drag and drop the the events in the Calendar view like you want, and also shift the successor tasks appropriately