623 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Lester1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to using Airtable and need help.

I would like to have a user choose their name from a list in a table called (Inv by Rep) and then have a form or table populated with all of their records from another table called (Main Inv by Rep). When those records are returned, I want the Rep to be able to update the “Status” field and add a picture in the “Picture of Serial Number” field for just their records.

I tried to link the tables by Assigned Rep, but in form view, I can just pick the name from the list, it doesn’t return any records. Is it even possible to do what I am trying to do in Airtable?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hmm, I think if I were you I would end up creating a view per user in Main Inv by Rep instead which displays each user’s records, and they could then make changes to their records

I think that if a user has permissions to edit the data in the table they’d have permissions to modify views though, which means they’d be able to just change the view filters and modify the records of other users

If you can’t trust your users to stay in their own views, then I think you may need to either look for a different app or use a third party app like miniExtensions or Stacker that would give you the granular permissions you seem to need

Thanks. I can try that. I think they are too lazy to change other people’s info.