1214 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Kidder
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to assign the same task to multiple projects/records, and then be able to mark that task as completed on specific records only? For example, I have a table with a list of clients, and have another table with all the tasks that could ever need to be completed for those clients. One such task is to send new client letters to each new client. If I go to my clients/projects table and assign that task to each new client I have- we’ll say Jane Doe, Sally Doe, and John Doe, how can I mark that task complete for just Jane? Right now, if I mark it complete for one client, it currently says it’s also complete for all the others that need that task as well. Is there a way to make this show complete for some and incomplete for others?

5 Replies 5

Check this:

Samantha_Walker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this been answered? I can’t figure out how to do this, and am not finding any answers on whether it’s even possible.

Bo_Sowers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz I don’t think the relinked question from @Jane_Kidder answers the question. Can you elaborate?

Hi @Bo_Sowers,

Hello,

Welcome to the community! You can find our guidelines and FAQ’s here.

I do believe that @Elias_Gomez_Sainz offers a clever workaround in the thread link that was shared in an earlier comment. I will say that this type of process is now also possible with Automations. @Aron discusses it in one of his recent Table Talk segments.

The core principle is to use automatically linked records to bring everything together. Check that video out and let me know if there are still gaps for your particular workflow’s needs.

-Cheers