5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I have a need but I don’t know if it’s possible, I need
save data from an airtable in Excel or CSV and send attachment via email

It is possible?

I appreciate any help or idea.

4 Replies 4

If this is a one-off thing, you could click the ellipsis menu next to the view name and choose “Download CSV”. Save and attach it as desired.

However, my gut says that you want to do this on a regular basis as part of an automated process. This is also doable, but not natively within Airtable. You’d need to use an integration service like Zapier or Integromat to retrieve the data from Airtable, build the CSV (or possibly an Excel file, depending on which service you use), then attach it to an email. I haven’t done this exact process myself, but my gut says that @ScottWorld could walk you through how to do it using Integromat better than I could.

Yes, you can easily do this with Zapier or Integromat.

As an Integromat Partner, I much prefer Integromat over Zapier because it is more powerful, easier to use, and much cheaper than Zapier.

They have some CSV great tools built right into Integromat, and of course they have full support for Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, sending emails, and more:

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

Rafael_Silva

Thanks for the answers.

I’m using integromat.

I’m actually now trying to export the Airtable data to Google sheet, and then send this spreadsheet attachment via email.

I don’t know if it’s possible

Another option is to use a script that creates the csv or Excel file using the CloudConvert service (or another similar service) and attaches the csv file to a record. Then send the file using Airtable email automations. I have written several scripts with different variations of this scenario for various clients.

(The script cannot create the attachment completely by itself because when uploading an attachment with code, the file must be hosted on a publicly accessible url.)

Since you are already familiar with Integromat, if you already have plenty of Integromat operations available per month, the Integromat option may be more cost effective for you.

However, the scripting option may still be useful in some cases, depending how many and how often you want to create csv files and what your Integromat limits are.