1358 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MICHEAL_CORDERO
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So our student organization uses airtable to organize members and sponsors. I was wondering if there’s a way to quickly and easily send a massive email to the emails we have in a workspace. We have a lot of contacts and a small staff so we’re trying to find the most efficient way to send emails.

2 Replies 2
Dalton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Dalton from Airtable here. :wave:

Depending on how many contacts you have there are a couple of different paths you can take and it partially depends on whether or not you have any other platforms already set up. One of the best native paths to take is to use the SendGrid block. This block allows you to send a customized email to each person on a list of contacts. Please keep in mind, this is part of the blocks feature and requires a Pro plan. This is without a doubt the most streamlined way to take care of what you’re looking to do.

If you’re looking for a more manual approach you can always copy and paste directly out of Airtable and into an email client. Keep in mind that certain clients have a limit on how many people you can send to at one time (e.g. Gmail only allows you to add 250 emails to a bcc). Other platforms out there include those like MailChimp which allow you to customize mass emails and make it easy to download a CSV from Airtable and upload it directly to the platform.

I hope this helps give you some insight on what a next step might be.

Scott_Gamble
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Micheal! Saw your post this morning and decided to whip up an example really quickly of how you can create your own G-mail automation to do this with a little bit of code:

Of course, using a block is a straightforward approach as well. But if you don’t mind writing a little bit of code and the flexibility of working with the Gmail API, I thought this would be helpful :slightly_smiling_face: