2033 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I use Airtable to track my weekly services for a company. I would like to automate invoicing by also attaching price associated with the service. For example:

Service A = $60
Service B = $240
Service C = $70

Currently, I filter all of the services in the table (filter specific service) and paste a price to all the entires. I repeat this with each service type.

What I would like is some kind formula or something whereby I can set what Service A, B, and C cost so that the price automatically appears in the field next to the service column. At the bottom, I can see the total. I will then use this for invoicing.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 12.15.20 PM

Maybe creating a new Table where each service rate is defined and then somehow connecting this rate to the “Service Log” table?

11 Replies 11

That’s pretty cool! I didn’t know that Siri Shortcuts supported sending CURL commands to the web! I thought that Siri Shortcuts only worked with supported apps.

Sounds like I’ve got a new personal challenge to work on. :slightly_smiling_face: Something tells me there’s got to be a way to make it work without a huge amount of effort.

On a related note, that first example you shared is pretty slick, but that same data could also be entered using an Airtable form. I’ve got a couple bases where I enter new records this way, and have home screen shortcuts for them. If you’re using more advanced Siri Shortcuts features, though, then this might not work for you.