Help

Re: Sharing a base that the filters can be used on?

476 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle_Whitman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to share my base with others but several of the fields have the ability to be filtered. I would like for the people I am sharing the base with to be to filter the fields but not be able to change any of the information in the fields. Any suggestions on what options I need to select to accomplish this or is this possible to do?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Kyle_Whitman!

Yes, that’s exactly what the sharing feature does. Just share the view with a private link.*

If you want to share the entire base instead of a particular view, you can invite the users as read-only collaborators.

*The only major catch for shared views is that your users will need to use a desktop or laptop computer in order to filter the fields. Airtable’s views do not work properly on mobile devices, because Airtable has completely neglected the mobile experience. I have no idea why, but mobile devices do not allow filtering, grouping, sorting, searching, nothing. If this is important to you, please email support@airtable.com to request that they fix their mobile shared view.