1586 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diane_Elkins1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I’m looking for recommendations for easy access to shared dropbox documents for our team. A process of uploading working content documents to Airtable in such a way that everybody can see the current version as edits are made.
Thank you in advance for any ideas.

14 Replies 14

Each Dropbox document has a share link. You can create a URL field in Airtable, and put the share link to the Dropbox document in that field.

Hi Scott! Thank you for the prompt reply.

I’m not familiar with dropbox, but have a client who messaged the following -

“One posted a Google doc file via Box, and I was able to edit it in the cloud, but then the contractor couldn’t see my edits unless I downloaded the story to my computer and sent it as an email attachment. Any ideas on how to simplify or streamline? I ideally would like to be able to make suggested edits on one cloud version of a document rather than having everybody downloading and editing separate copies and sending them around via email.”

Any ideas as to what he’s referring to?

Thank you.

It sounds like he’s looking for live collaboration on documents. Most cloud platforms offer this — Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Dropbox Paper, Coda, Notion, Apple Pages, even Box Tools offers this indirectly via desktop apps.

Is there an Airtable integration that will support this?

Yes, On2Air: Amplify lets you view & edit Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides documents directly within Airtable — inside the Apps panel:

Thank you, Scott. You have all the answers :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s what they tell me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One more thing - is there a tool that supports live collaboration for microsoft word?

Nothing that I know of.

Hmmmm… Office 365?

LOL! That’s not what I [typically] tell you. :winking_face:

She’s talking about live editing within an Airtable app, like what On2Air: Amplify does for Google Docs documents.

As far as I know, I don’t think this is possible with Office 365, although maybe @openside or @Hannah_Wiginton can clarify.

Lol! Which is how I know I’m right even more! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Scott!

Yes, you can edit Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides inside of Airtable like Scott mentioned. But unfortunately, we don’t have an integration with Microsoft Word inside Amplify, @Diane_Elkins1 - though that’s a great idea.

You can add a feature request for it if that’s something that’s pretty important for you to have.

Thank you @Hannah_Wiginton - I appreciate your input.