Help

Re: Single form that creates multiple records

1656 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All. I believe I know the answer to this, but I wouldn’t be doing my due diligence if I didn’t ask the community.

User wants to have a form that will provide entry into multiple records.

FORM would look like this;
Date: 20180410
Name: Joe Bloe
Product: Banana, Apple, Pears

OUTPUT INTO TABLE would look like this;
Date/Name/Product
20180410 / Joe Bloe / Banana
20180410 / Joe Bloe / Apple
20180410 / Joe Bloe / Pears

Can this be replicated?

5 Replies 5

I don’t think this can be done using only Airtable’s functionality. But it strikes me as something that could be done using Zapier

It might also be possible using Google Forms and importing the resulting .csv either manually or in some automated way - but I’m less knowledgeable of that.

Lastly, it should be possible via a custom web form that hits the Airtable API.

It can be replicated in Airtable with one caveat: It would require for a field value to be copy-and-pasted into (onto?) another field. This can be done manually (Ctrl-C, Right-Arrow to adjacent field, Ctrl-V or Click-and-drag fill handle to adjacent cell) or through a service such as Zapier.

I recently put together a demo base for client evaluation where such a copy/paste routine generates over 460 records.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think that the c/v method is an option in Form view. I tried to convince the user to use the table view for entry as it is much easier to enter data however, the user maintains his need to have the data entry in a Form only.

The live scenario is an attendant one the phone with a client while entering data. In this scenario, I would think that Zapier wouldn’t be as effective as in other scenarios. There’s other relationship there like quantity of fruit etc.

I’m not well versed in API but will look into that option.

Thanks for both your help!

Bree_J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For anyone who is still having trouble with this issue, I found this article that helps provide a solution. I hope it helps!

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog_files/9c91c7ada28c024f95a26f1ac8a8d620-25.html

Dominic_Whyte
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone - you can make a form that creates multiple records for free with Fillout. Guide here:
https://www.fillout.com/help/create-multiple-records-with-form