2262 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Wallace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to be able to sort my groups by the first created date/time of a record in that group.

Essentially, I am trying to create an order form, where the customer’s phone number is the primary field. Each item a customer orders will need to be its own record, and there might be multiple customer orders coming in from the form by different employees sometimes a few minutes apart, but each customers’ items would be fulfilled at the same time.

In my screenshot, I would need the 0433 order to come 2nd, as the the first item for them was placed before the first item for 0422 .

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.25.44 pm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Do you have a separate linked table for [Customers] (versus orders)? If not I recommend having one. Then you can use a rollup field in the [Customers] table that identifies the earliest order/item with the rollup formula MIN(values). Then you can send that earliest date/time back to all of the linked [Orders] with another rollup field {Earliest Order Time}.

You will also need to group by the {Earliest Order Time} field in to see the groups in the order you want.