cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_Merlino
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good Evening,

Today I built a new base for my salespeople that has a table from another base syncing to it. The table from the Source Base (called Mission Control) has lookup fields for three fields - Estimates, Paid to Date, and Balance Due. The Source base (see attached photo of yellow base) has the total dollar values in group header bar. The destination base (see attached photo of blue base) has the same data being synced over but the header bars are not showing the option for the sum of the individual rows below - like the source base.

Is this a limitation I am not aware of? I was hoping to have the people working on this base have the same visibility to the totals …

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne Merlino

3 Replies 3

Sadly, Airtable has really botched the syncing system. Airtable Sync is littered with problems, and this is one of the major ones.

All lookup & rollup fields (and possibly formula fields?) come in as plain text, so you can’t sum them because Airtable doesn’t see them as numbers anymore… Airtable only sees them as text.

Please be sure to email support@airtable.com to express your frustration & disappointment in this. They don’t historically listen to customer feedback, but it’s our only hope of them fixing this problem.

There are some workarounds to this, but I forgot what they are and I’m not at my computer right now.

Wayne_Merlino
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That;s what I was afraid of! Thanks for the quick response. I was feeling like it was too good to be true when I saw how well it was all coming together! :slightly_frowning_face:

LOL, I know that feeling! It’s the feeling I have all the time with Airtable. :man_shrugging: Sigh.