2162 14
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Justin_Rai
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, i got this error but i don’t have any idea where to look for to fix this issue

1. Error {name: "SyntaxError"}

1. name: "SyntaxError"

Here is the code :

const wordAI = await remoteFetchAsync("https://github.com/braytonstafford/wordai", 
{
  method : "POST",
  header : {
     'Content-type' : "application/json"
  },
  email: email,
  key: wakey,
  input : "This is a test",
  rewrite_num: 2,
  uniqueness : 3,
  output: 'json',
  quality: 'Regular',
});
   try {
       const data = await wordAI.json()
       console.log('response data?', data)
     } catch(error) {
       console.log('Error happened here!')
       console.error(error)
     }
19 Replies 19

I’ll bet this is not the endpoint for the API.

Yes sorry i fetch the correct github api link. Here it is:

But i get this error after.

Error: Response status was 301 ‘Moved Permanently’ but redirect mode was set to ‘error’

Here is my new code, I checked first if i can connect the github properly

let url2 = "https://github.com/braytonstafford/wordai.git";
const headers2 = {
        'Content-Type': 'application/json',
        'method' : 'GET'
    }
const wordAI = await remoteFetchAsync(url2, headers2);
   try {
       const data = await wordAI.json()
       console.log('response data?', data)
     } catch(error) {
       console.log('Error happened here!')
       console.error(error)
     }

GitHub pages are not API endpoints. You need to sign up for an account at WordAI, login, locate the documentation that tells you what API endpoint to use for requests.

Yes, but the WordAPI documentation only has the example for curl fetch, i don’t know any alternative code that is related to JSON for curl. i only found this github.

I assume you have an account and you are paying $57/month for the service.

Go to this URL and look for the getting started section and note the API endpoint. That’s the only way to utilize this API. Sending WordAPI requests to GitHub will not magically provide free access to their paid service.

Yes, I’ve taken a look on the wordai documentation on API. As i don’t have clue how to manage the API endpoint requests on JSON as they provided an example of using curl method only.

@Bill.French May i add a new question here, Is there a way to convert the record to utf-8?

As my records contains some of this text “Alès”

Please publish that example so we can see it.

Yes. Include Content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8 in the message header.

Hello, I’m new in airtable, may i have an example how to add the header in the header? I only know how to do this one whenever i have to use the await fetch or remotefetchasync.

Hi, This is the example they provide.

curl -d "email="+email+"&key="+wakey+"&input=This is a test.&rewrite_num=2&uniqueness=3&return_rewrites=true" -X POST http://localhost:4050/api/rewrite

Hello, i tried and test the Content-type:application/json;charset=utf-8 I only tested this kind of method as i don’t know how to add the message header if i’m going to use the table.selectRecordAsync as my primary.

It still shows the “Alès”.
Thank you for the assistance.

const url = "https://api.airtable.com/v0/appV1begTvublATlv/tblR5JePA9pLYP1YQ?api_key="+MY_API_KEY; //population

const headers = {

"Content-type": 'application/json;charset=utf-8',

'method' : 'GET'

}

This suggests their example assumes the web service has been downloaded and is running on your own computer. have you done that?

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with Airtable. The questions you are asking are wholly about integration architectures that separate and apart from making Airtable solutions. This is the realm of integration and it requires some degree of experience with APIs and HTTP(s); code that you can get wrong about a hundred different ways and code that you can get right only a few ways.

I suggest you find a consultant in the community who is willing to work with you to solve this challenge.

But, isn’t that the accurate data in the table? If not this, what would you expect?

I’m expecting to remove the accent character and the output will be Ales.

That’s not what UTF-8 encoding is designed to do. It’s the opposite; it sustains the proper exchange of values between unlike OSes and other systems.

You need diacritics transformation using RegEx -

const str = "Crème Brulée"
  str.normalize("NFD").replace(/[\u0300-\u036f]/g, "")
> "Creme Brulee"

Thank you, i have to insert all the accent letters inside the regex then.

I haven’t tried this as i’m doing the test on airtable script.