1061 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjenkins
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! It’s my first post here, so please let me know if I missed the answer somewhere in the Community site.

I have built Project and Task tables. The Project table can only have 1 owner (collaborator). However, the task can be owned by a team of people (collaborators).

What I would like to see is a grid view which lists each collaborator and any task where they are tagged. When I run this, what shows up is something like this:

Ben
Task 1

Ben, Bob
Task 2

Ben, Bob, Shelly
Task 3

However, what I am trying to create is a user-unique view so it would look like this:

Ben
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3

Bob
Task 2
Task 3

Shelly
Task 3

I cannot figure out how to break this out so hoping an expert can come along and help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Ben

4 Replies 4

Hi @bjenkins,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

You can create a new table that is called Collaborators (or Employees), link the field with the names to this table, it will give you the info you need.

Please see attached base.

BR,
Mo

Thanks, @Mohamed_Swellam. I really appreciate quick follow-up!

That gets me closer, but I am struggling with the view I want to see. Using your table (thanks for creating example), I cannot figure a way to show a summary of all tasks associated with each user.

For example, if I group the ‘Table1’ tab, I get this:

However, that is aggregating the Collabs into a single line entry. Instead, I want to see something like this:

Ben
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3

Bob
Task 2
Task 3

Shelly
Task 3

The goal is to quickly see how many tasks are associated with each user regardless of whether they are working on a task solo or part of a team.

Any thoughts on that?
Ben

Ya that is not doable using views, the best way is to have another table like the one I sent you, this way you have 1 collab with multiple tasks.

Gotcha, @Mohamed_Swellam. I hoped that wasn’t the answer, but appreciate the confirmation.

Have a great day.
Ben