954 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesvclements
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

TLDR; it’d be dope to have a new method in the Airtable API that allows you to trigger a base’s sync.

I have two bases: one for a crm, and one for projects.
The projects base has a table for projects, and two synced tables from the crm, one for people and one for a subset of companies that are clients.

I have automations and scripts in the projects base that do things like Creating Invoices and Tracking Time, which call external APIs that return information I’d like to update on the crm, like a customer’s Stripe ID.

I can do that using Airtable’s API, but then the current base I’m in becomes stale. It’d be great to sync the base at the end of the script or automation so that future scripts and automations can use the synced data.

4 Replies 4
Joshua_Kutsko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this, we have a very similar use case and being able to trigger a sync via API would be amazing.

Chris_Chiu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this? It would be really nice to be able to trigger an Airtable Sync via API from other apps

It would be nice! I just had a client asking me about this yesterday. Be sure to email support@airtable.com to ask them if they could please support this in the future.

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You could use Data Fetcher’s Airtable integration (it lets you import data from another base) and request webhooks. Some of our customers are doing this and triggering the webhook from an Automation as a workaround!