2535 13
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clay_Hurst
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Here is the code I am trying to save but keep getting errors. Any ideas?

IF(OR({Do you have all the Information needed}=“No”,{Do you have all the Material you need}=“No”),CONCATENATE({My Name},“Can’t perform”{Production Goal for the day/Week:})

13 Replies 13

@Justin_Barrett Which text editor do you use for typing up your lengthier formulas? And does it automatically do that line indenting for you, or do you manually indent the lines yourself?

I use BBEdit (a Mac-only application), but any plain text editor will work. BBEdit doesn’t auto-indent, but then again I don’t know of any code/text editors that do. If any do support auto-indent, it would likely be tied to specific languages supported by the software. Unless someone has added native support (or an add-on) to a given editor for Airtable formulas, it’s likely to be manual no matter which tool you use.

Oh, nice! I use BBEdit too! :slightly_smiling_face: Do you have any specific language chosen in your BBEdit preferences? One that might be “relatively similar” to Airtable? Or do you just have it set to plain text? I’d love to get some semblance of color-coding that we get when using a supported language in BBEdit.

I don’t have a specific language chosen. Just plain text. Even with no specific language chosen, BBEdit still auto-completes certain symbol pairs (parentheses, square/curly braces, quotes, etc.), so that’s some small help anyway. While part of me would like to see more detailed syntax highlighting, I’ve been going without it for so long with Airtable formulas that I don’t really notice that it’s not there.