Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Beaumont
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How do you set it up for everything?

11 Replies 11

Meaning…what? Your question is unclear. Are you asking how to set date fields to UK date format? Or are you asking about something related to formulas? Something else entirely? “Everything” is a bit too broad.

I think he wants to set up a default format for the account/workspace/base. But that is not possible, I think.

Chris_Chapman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes I’d like to be able to do the same.

Airtable defaults all the date fields to US format (MM/DD/YYYY) and it’s kind of confusing for people in other countries that use DD/MM/YYYY, especially when the day of the month is 12 or less. E.g. 3/7/2019 - I read that as 3rd July 2019, but with the US date format it’s the 7th March.

Having a simple way to set the date format would be really, really nice. I thought I was going crazy when I couldn’t find a setting to change it - it’s been pretty common practice in web apps for years to support this.

Greg_Rochlin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I can’t believe how primitive the Preferences are in Airtable. Not to be able to change the date format is awful. I hate US dates …

You can customize the format of every date Field:

In fact, I think that the first option is Local format. :thinking:

I believe what’s being requested is a global date format setting that applies by default to all date fields, without having to change each field’s formatting manually.

I’m in Australia and it still says local format is US style…

Yes a default date and time would be very helpful 12 hour time is for people riding the shortbus. And month day year formats (US) are worthless. Changing for each new field takes about 4 seconds. If you’re doing one no big deal. But if you’re only doing one why use airtable in the first place.

Mee too:

He said this, so maybe he wants to spend those 4 seconds. I was just giving options…

Sorry. Forgot to scroll up and see earlier replies.

Thomas_Barlow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was there ever a fix for this?