cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary_Willmott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there :wave:

I’m trying to create a form for a co-working space and provide a potential customer pricing based on the fields they have fields in

ie. If they have selected a specific Desk Type and Length of Stay, it provides a price in realtime, so they can send an enquiry to the Sales Team

Please see the image below for reference
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 11.11.35

I created this Packages Table to reference
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 11.15.10

Can anyone please direct me on a great way to start?

I tried doing the Link to another record? However this updates data directly in the DB, I’m trying to get it to show in the form ?

4 Replies 4

Hey Gary, unfortunately I don’t think that’s possible. (Happy to be proven wrong though!)

A possible workaround might be:

1. For each desk type, have a single select field with the options being of the format [Length of time] - [Cost]
  2. In the form, make the correct single select field show up based on the selection the user has made

Would be a pain to maintain though

I believe MiniExtensions has a form option that can display the results of a formula field. It does it by creating a record in the base.

However, the work involved in setting up the system might be overkill in your case. You might be better off with a shared view of rates. Your rate table isn’t that big.

momentsgoneby80
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Gary_Willmott!
Both @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo and @kuovonne have given you great feedback and solutions with caution for a reason.

That said, I tested a “solution” to satisfy my own curiosity and realised after returning to the thread that it’s basically what @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo suggested.
I’m in NO way saing that this is a good solution and it would be a pain to build upon and maintain in the long run just like Adam said.

You can have a look here at the form. (I only tested with 3 desk options)
And here’s the base if you want to copy and explore it.

Gary_Willmott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Many thanks to Adam and Kuovonne for all your help :pray:

Especially to @momentsgoneby80 for all the effort in building out a solution, really appreciate it :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

If you ever come to Jeffreys Bay, South Africa please let us know, we will arrange some free days at the CoWorking space - https://greenroomjbay.com/