3177 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Baxter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to see if Airtable will do the Job we need it to do. Basically I am trying to Match up Data from one Organisation (UK) that gets sponsors for Children in Africa, and another in Africa, who has a list of Children that are sponsored on Excel. We are hoping they can use air Table and we can then match with thier Data.

The UK org has a Database which links all the donor details and donations to the Child, but essentially needs to export out.

CODE:
CHILD NAME:
SPONSOR NAME:

The code is then used to link with the African lists. (currently on Excel)

We are having issues because it is not in a Database, so looking for a DB format rather than Excel solution.

I have replicated the Database on Airtable and it seems to work fine.

However can the “SPONSOR TABLE” be updated from Excel.

Ie if we have 100 Sponsorships “CODE 001, 002, 003 etc”

and maybe Child 001 gets a new sponsor, is there a way to update the Table in Air table by importing the excel in again?

Would this also allow for New CODE ie adding 101, or removeing codes eg if 005 completes educastion.

Scott

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Look into the CSV Import app. It can update existing records. You may need to play with it for a bit to see if it will add and remove codes the way you want.

This worked for adding and updating records. Doesnot seem to allow you to remove but I was thinking if I add a Field (import date) and records that don’t get updated will not have the date updated and can then be filtered and removed.

One issue I had with the CSV file was a character issue.

When I imported the original by Excel the character “ö” in Rösch imports fine, but when I import the CSV is does not like this character and imports this: R�sch