1311 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using Jotform, collecting payments with their Stripe integration, and want to get all the payment info into AT with the AT/Jotform integration. I have everything working EXCEPT - Jotform doesn’t give me the option of uploading the payment amount itself. Student have a choice of paying $65, $25, or $0 on the form. I need to upload what they actually paid into AT. See image - the “choose” field is grayed out. The “choose” field results do show up in the Jotform table, so I don’t understand why it doesn’t allow me to send them to AT.

I tried configuring the AT field in different ways (single select, mult. select, short text, long text) - didn’t make any difference.

Thank you for your help!
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 2.00.22 PM

Jotform - AT integration

9 Replies 9

You probably need a number or a currency field.

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks - that did not make a difference. Please see in the image I attached that the people are choosing text: “I can pay …”. So I’m guessing that’s what it could upload, though I would be happy if it uploaded the price paid instead.

My guess is that under the hood each of your “choices” is not just text, they’re whole objects. Does JotForm allow you to get just the name of your products? Do they have the equivalent of a Lookup or formula field?

Thanks - It does allow me to grab those from a regular field, but I can’t figure out how to grab them (or assign them a dollar value to grab) from the payment processor’s field.

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I sent the question to Jotform support - this is what they told me:
Sorry, but there is no option to map the payment field to Airtable as there is no similar field type on Airtable.

This is only possible if you set up your products outside the payment field using Single/multiple-choice fields and using a form calculation widget/short text field to show the total.

Then you can map these separate fields onto Airtable.

That’s weird — I wonder what kind of format those payments are in that JotForm believes that Airtable can’t accommodate it?

You may want to use Make.com, which is what I normally use to connect JotForm forms to Airtable. My guess is that you would be able to make it work with Make, although I haven’t personally tested this particular Stripe scenario before.

(And if your company has a budget to spend, you can hire me as your own personal Airtable Consultant to setup Make for you.)

Again, I think because the Product field type stores data as “the whole Product Object”. I think, or its a structured array. That’s why I asked if you could get the product name with a calculated column or something, and pass that column off to Airtable. That way you’re just passing a string.

Wish we could - we’re an all-volunteer non-profit.
Thanks for the tips!

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I figured it out! To Kamille’s point - I had been trying to use a “calculation” field in Jotform to pull the payment number. I needed to use a plain text field in Jotform and in AT. Then I put in conditional logic in Jotform, so if a person paid $25, for example, it put 25 in the Jotform plain text field. Then the AT integration could pull that into AT. I assume this will work will a number field in both places too. Thank you for your help!